As we end 2015, I believe in order to keep growing, developing, evolving, and making our lives the BEST lives we can – we need to assess where we have been AND more importantly envision where we want to go and how we wish to contribute. Envisioning ourselves as if we were there – creating that IMAGE and VISUAL – will help ‘set the goals’ so we know where we are heading. Creating a VISION BOARD is one of my favorite things to do this time of year – as having that VISUAL to look at every day helps to keep it ‘front and center’ for me. In addition, the following questions are questions I encourage my clients to review each year. Without taking stock in where we have been AND where wish to go – we may end up treading water and awaken in December of 2016 in the same place as we are today. So – as we drive (or fly) during the holidays, make use of the dashboard time……take the reins of your life….and lets make 2016 the BEST YEAR EVER!!
- How did I spend my time in 2015?
- What were my greatest accomplishments?
- What were my greatest disappointments?
- How did these experiences change me?
- How do I want to be different in January 2016 than in January 2015?
- How can I integrate this awareness in 2016?
- What am I tolerating? Why? What steps can I take to make a change?
- What (or who) do I need to let go? (This is a particularly hard one for me….yet, without letting go – these weights can become albatrosses which hold us back from creating a new and beautiful new future.)
- What am I trying to force to happen? What would happen if I ‘let go’?
- What will be my primary focus in 2016? What will be my secondary focus?
- What is my ‘why’? WHY do I want to do what I want to do?
- What do I really want? What is still holding me back?
- What do I want to contribute to the world?
- How will I hold myself accountable?
- What is working for me? How can I have ‘more of that’?
- What kind of partners do I want in 2016?
- What may need to change? What are the first steps to make that change?
- At the end of 2016, where would I like to find myself?
- What is my intention for myself in 2016?
Blessings to each of you this holiday season! May 2016 be all you desire. May we each learn the lessons we are here to learn. May we trust in Faith that all is happening exactly as it is supposed to be happening. And may we choose love and compassion in every thought, word, and deed.