As we begin a new year, it is really important to not lose faith and belief in ourselves; particularly when we fall short on our ‘resolutions’ within the first few days of the first month! If we lose our self-confidence, all the dreams, plans, SMART goals, and well-intended resolutions will fall short. So, what are three steps we can take to give ourselves a ‘built-in B12’ to keep us focused?
- Remember, that life is a marathon not a sprint. Many of us (me, included) can be hard on ourselves. We expect a lot – and we want it fast. We also can have a tendency to compare ourselves to others, and if we are not moving as fast or seeing the results that they are; we get discouraged, disenchanted, and may even be tempted to ‘chuck it’. Yet, here is the reality: though we may have big dreams and goals, they all start (and end) with the single step. So, even if we want to create a 7-figure income or write a best-selling book or lose 35 lbs…..these ‘end games’ are accomplished with incremental steps. They start with making $1000 a month or writing a monthly blog or joining the gym and losing 2 lbs. When we do these things consistently, we are on our way. Keeping the ‘big picture’ vision is vitally important….yet maintaining the daily consistency (and starting over if we have fallen off) is the key.
- We are undoubtedly the company we keep. It has been said that we are a combination of the 5 folks with whom we spend the most time. That can be a powerful thing. If we surround ourselves with ‘A’ players, and folks that are the most successful in our field – we will grow, learn, and be challenged. Yet, if we surround ourselves with marginal players, we have the tendency to fall to the lowest common denominator. Also, if socialize with ‘naysayers’, this can breed self-doubt. What I know for sure is that our thoughts create our lives. So, if we begin to believe the naysayers rhetoric, is has a high potential of coming true. The winners in life and in business have one secret weapon, and that is their mindset. Period. If we want to reach the top of whatever mountain we are climbing, our mindset is the magic. We need to surround ourselves with folks that support, encourage, teach, push, and pull us.
- We are living at our highest potential when we are aligned. Alignment is when you love what you do, you are good at it, and most importantly, it is tied to something much greater than yourself. And no, this is not static. What I loved when I was 20 has evolved over the years….as has my life, my career, and the way in which I choose to contribute. At the end of the day, the money, titles, and ‘span of control’ in any company or organization in which we work is not what matters. Our legacy (how we are remembered) is all about the relationships we have built, the contributions we have made, and most importantly – ‘how’ we have lived our lives….our character. Being in alignment, keeps us energized and fulfilled – which is the juice.
4 ways I can help you right now:
- If these blogs are helpful – consider following me on YouTube: http://www.kristinkaufman.com/Kristinyoutube
- If you are struggling with what you want to do (or how to do it!) – get a copy of my Alignment questionnaire….to shed light on how to create the life you want! Click this link to get YOUR copy: http://www.kristinkaufman.com/free-assessment/
- Let me help you build an additional revenue stream to augment your other incomes! Click this link to learn more about this: https://partnerwithkristin.com
- Need a new perspective or ‘jolt’ to your thinking – go to kristinkaufman.com to learn more about about my books, workshops, or where to find me online. It is ALL there…..